An Entrepreneurial Product Leader who lays the foundation for an Innovation-powered product-led organization and nurtures it to deliver a frictionless human experience with business growth and overall portfolio success.
I have been developing in-depth business, technology and human experience acumen over the past two decades to see the ambiguity of the present and the future.
As a seasoned Product Leader and a first-generation Entrepreneur, I have learned to discover disruptive business opportunities, evaluate them with limited resources, and monetizing them into customer-loved products and high-growth businesses while generating revenue and rasing funds. I can switch easily between thinking strategically, analytically and empathetically.
I have accomplished this 4 times in my career by envisioning, developing and scaling 7 high-growth, user preferred and regulated enterprise SaaS products and teams, for fortune#100 companies and market leading startups. Additionally, I also offer Life Skills and Product Management Leadership Coaching which is highly appreciated by the global audience.
For these products, I have performed product discovery, developed product strategies and roadmaps, define success metrics, optimized product/market fit, become a subject matter expert, built cross-functional onsite and remote product teams to support product development, meet customer needs, facilitate business expansion and retention globally.
These products have revolutionized related industries such as Healthcare, Storage, Telecom and BFSI by incorporating Intelligent Automation Workflows such as modern SaaS architectures, real-time data analytics, conversational chatbots, recommendation system, IoT edge computing, marketplaces, APIs and multi platform SDKs.
Currently, I am leading End-to-end Product Lifecycle Management, People operations and Overall portfolio success for Intelligent Automation powered, 3 disruptive large scale digital health products ($5.2M P&L). Here, I have achieved following outcomes:-
- revolutionized public healthcare delivery - by reducing service delivery cost (50%) and human error incidents (upto 90%) - that doubled the ROI for enterprise customers.
- tripled portfolio by identifying and evaluating potential market opportunities through market and competition analysis, user empathy and data-driven decision making.
- built and nurtured (India/USA based) 8 cross-functional product and data teams from the ground-up. Coached product managers to nurture product-thinking and product-led growth work culture.
- streamlined the cross-functional process alignment across design, engineering, customer and business ops thereby improving organization efficiency and collaboration sprit.
- achieved 5/5 user ratings for every product release while leading tech development and scaling of multiple product lines.
- reduced market barriers and cost of customer acquisition significantly - by crafting disruptive strategies and executing roadmaps for product discovery, development, market positioning, commercialization, regulation, scale, business and people operations - that delivered double digit YoY growth and positioned company as top#10 leaders.
Additionally, I got promoted twice, first as the head of product innovation and then chief product officer for founding a product-led organization, achieving business outcomes and outperforming contributions.
Earlier, I have received IBM Innovation Award for envisioning and developing Intelligent Automation powered DevOps tool, which accelerated the quality assurance process in BFSI by 70%. At NetApp, I led the end-to-end cloud transformation initiative for Enterprise Storage Management Solutions along with a team of 14 engineers.
My colleagues recognise me as a strong relationship builder, thought leader and an accountable person. I prefer to work with a get-things-done attitude and deliver business outcomes by focusing on reducing customer friction and increasing scale.
FOLLOWING ARE THE DETAILED OUTLINE OF MY PROFOUND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE AND EXPOSURE :
Human Experience - Life long learning
- Defined, classified and influenced the human experience by:
- identified the target audience, their ecology, primary and intermediate actors and classified them into multiple personas.
- developed the understanding about their needs and struggles
- defined what motivates people and what doesn't with behavioral analysis
- classify the user personas in multiple roles and articulated the user journey for each role corresponds to overall product experience
- created awareness about the overall impact and translate that into people's motivation factors.
- Developed an understanding of direct and indirect competitors and their product offerings to create a competitive advantage on product's value proposition.
- Leading Public communication, Client interactions and Product demonstrations globally with user, partners and c-level executives of fortune#100 companies from last decade.
- Built the cross-cultural and cross-functional teams of high-performing individuals (50+) while nurturing them with regular mentoring and leadership coaching.
- Created process across cross-functional department such as business, product, engineering, compliance, customer support for effective collaboration practices and traking of important milestones and activities.
- Evangelize the product and nurtures the knowledge sharing culture within organisation.
Business - 7 years of entrepreneurial on-field experience
- Identifying the optimum business model and defined the strategy along with Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Creating business and operation strategy around product monetization
- Identifying revenue streams and creating commercialization strategies
- Defining financial forecast to predict RoI, Opex while managing P&L
- Articulating market positioning and customer development strategies including product distribution channels, pipeline (like lead generation, customer funnel) and CRM
- Assisted business team to write blog, generate sales and marketing contents
- Forged strategic alliances with global market leaders to streamline product launches and drive business growth
- Monitor and analyze the key business adoption, retention & expansion metrics to identify next investment areas.
Technology - 14 years of excellent hands-on track record
- Full Stack SaaS Product Management Leadership - drove 5 greenfield and 2 brownfield disruptive large-scale complex SaaS products, from concept to launch by connecting market and customer requirements with technical solutions. I am proficient in:-
- identify and understand the business goal,
- conduct research to know industry, stakeholders, audience, market trends,
- led end-user & stakeholder interactions to understand need-motivation and ecology
- drive insights by performing qualitative and quantitative analysis,
- translate insight into business use cases,
- perform the feasability, usability, viability, SWOT, opportunity-cost analysis for priortised use cases,
- evaluate the selected usecase with 'dummy' user trials,
- define product's mission, vision and principle
- articulate the product monetization, regulation and market positioning strategies
- translate the business use case into sub modules and features, prioritize them on product roadmap along with KPIs and Key revenue indicators while creating PRD/MRD
- track progress while assist technical product managers to execute product roadmap
- assist business and marketing teams to execute on product positioning roadmap
- monitor and groom the product performance using KPIs and metrics
- creating financial (revenue vs expenses) forecasting documents with finance team
- assisting customer support and on-ground business ops team to exceed customer satisfaction
- Profound understanding of technical operations such as:-
- DevOps/AIOps process and best practices
- Quality analysis process (UNIT/SIT/UAT) and activities (test case prepration, review, execution, monitoring)
- End-to-end solution design and development of large-scale complex SaaS products through Lean and Agile methodologies
- Functional understanding of Mobile, Monolithic, Serverless and Microservices architecture, container orchestration (docker, kubernetes) and virtualization
- Hands-on exposure of developing hardware products with single-board-computers like Raspberry-pi, Lightweight M2M protocol etc
- Have built Intelligent Automation powered solutions such as conversational chatBot, recommendation system, data analytics services, marketplace, IoT gateways etc. by leading:-
- end-to-end data engineering process, model devlopment, data governance and management activities
- managing automatice data and model pipeline architecture with AIOps team
- end-to-end understanding of managing data pipelines with kafka, data lakes, cassandra and spark
- hands-on functional understanding of standard Cloud and IoT platforms like AWS, GCP, open source software stacks, RDBMS like MySql/Oracle/DB2, Data analytics
- understanding of e2e IoT decision framework, common problems with IoT dev and best practice solutions, procuring efficient IoT hardware from global manufactures
- building common IoT services such as device management, connectivity(nw), logging, notification, data governance and storage, security, upgradability.
- Discovered solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.