An Entrepreneurial Product Leader who thrives in the intersection of Business, Technology, Human experience and Challenges.
Human Experience - Life long learning
- Defined, classified and influenced the human experience by:
- identified the target audience, their ecology, primary and intermediate actors and classified them into multiple personas.
- developed the understanding about their needs and pain-points
- classify the user personas in customers, consumers, providers, facilitators, colleagues, c-level executives, third-party partners and related stakeholders
- defined what motivates people and what doesn't with behavioral analysis
- articulated the user journey for each actor(personas) corresponds to overall product experience
- created awareness about the overall impact and translate that into people's motivation factors.
- Leading Public communication, Client interactions and Product demonstrations globally with user, partners and c-level executives of fortune#100 companies from last decade.
- Built the cross-cultural and cross-functional teams of high-performing individuals (50+) while nurturing them with regular mentoring and leadership coaching.
- Created process across cross-functional department such as business, product, engineering, compliance, customer support for effective collaboration practices and traking of important milestones and activities.
- Evangelize the product and nurtures the knowledge sharing culture within organisation.
Business - 5+ years of entrepreneurial on-field experience
- Identifying the optimum business model and defined the strategy along with Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Creating business and operation strategy around product monetization
- Identifying revenue streams and creating commercialization strategies
- Defining financial forecast to predict RoI and manage P&L
- Articulating market positioning and customer development strategies including product distribution channels, pipeline (like lead generation, customer funnel) and CRM
- Sales and marketing content generation
- Forging strategic alliance to smooth product launch and boost growth
- Monitor and analyze the key business adoption, retention & expansion metrics to identify next investment areas.
Technology - 14 years of excellent hands-on track record
- Full Stack Technical Product Management Leadership - drove 5 greenfield and 2 brownfield disruptive large-scale complex SaaS products, from concept to launch by connecting market and customer requirements with technical solutions. I am proficient in:-
- identify and understand the business goal,
- conduct research to know industry, stakeholders, audience, market trends,
- led end-user & stakeholder interactions to understand need-motivation and ecology
- drive insights by performing qualitative and quantitative analysis,
- translate insight into business use cases,
- perform the feasability, usability, viability, SWOT, opportunity-cost analysis for priortised use cases,
- evaluate the selected usecase with 'dummy' user trials,
- define product's mission, vision and principle
- articulate the product monetization, regulation and market positioning strategies
- translate the business use case into sub modules and features, prioritize them on product roadmap along with KPIs and Key revenue indicators while creating PRD/MRD
- track progress while assist technical product managers to execute product roadmap
- assist business and marketing teams to execute on product positioning roadmap
- monitor and groom the product performance using KPIs and metrics
- creating financial (revenue vs expenses) forecasting documents with finance team
- assisting customer support and on-ground business ops team to exceed customer satisfaction
- Profound understanding of technical operations such as:-
- DevOps/AIOps process and best practices
- Quality analysis process (UNIT/SIT/UAT) and activities (test case prepration, review, execution, monitoring)
- End-to-end solution design and development of large-scale complex SaaS products through Lean and Agile methodologies
- Functional understanding of Mobile, Monolithic, Serverless and Microservices architecture, container orchestration (docker, kubernetes) and virtualization
- Hands-on exposure of developing hardware products with single-board-computers like Raspberry-pi, Lightweight M2M protocol etc
- Have built Intelligent Automation powered solutions such as conversational chatBot, recommendation system, data analytics services, marketplace, IoT gateways etc. by leading:-
- end-to-end data engineering process, model devlopment, data governance and management activities
- managing automatice data and model pipeline architecture with AIOps team
- end-to-end understanding of managing data pipelines with kafka, data lakes, cassandra and spark
- hands-on functional understanding of standard Cloud and IoT platforms like AWS, GCP, open source software stacks, RDBMS like MySql/Oracle/DB2, Data analytics
- understanding of e2e IoT decision framework, common problems with IoT dev and best practice solutions, procuring efficient IoT hardware from global manufactures
- building common IoT services such as device management, connectivity(nw), logging, notification, data governance and storage, security, upgradability.
- Discovered solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
PROBLEM SOLVING APPROACH:
I use a systematic, iterative and efficient approach to solve complex problems, by:-
- performing heavy research and analysis on market trends, competition, data, business process, user and stakeholder needs.
- understanding the problem by breaking it into individual issues, generating, prioritizing and evaluating hypothesis (against user reviews, surveys, dummy functional demo or walkthroug, mvp experiemnts, inshights share by the subject experts, and direct customer interviews).
- defining solution guiding principles, success metrics, abstract solution idea for proven hypothesis.
- for chosen hypothesis, Conducting a number of brainstorming sessions with subject experts, user experience designers, engineers, data scientist or business teams in order to come up with potential solutions.
- defining RoI, priortisation principles, possile risk and mitigation plans for discovered solutions.
As an Entrepreneurial Product Leader and a passionate Human Experience Advocate, I have 12+ years of hands-on excellent track record in following:-
- creating disruptive opportunities and monetizing them into high growth business and products
- leading end-to-end product lifecycle for Industry compliant and Intelligent Automation powered 6 large scale disruptive SaaS solutions through lean and agile methodologies for customers based in South & ME asia, the america and africa.
- building and nurturing a team of 8 talented product managers (from the ground up) while collaborating with globally distributed cross-functional teams such as engineering, data science, design, customer development and stakeholders (internal,external,cxo).
I have become a subject specialist in Digital Health and SaaS Product Development ecosystems by developing a sound understanding about customer experience, business & tech operations through market research, user interactions, data analytics. I believe, I can repeat and accelerate such learning for any industry and product area.
While working as Chief Product and Data Officer (for 8+ years), I have achieved following outcomes in my current assignment:-
- doubled the ROI for enterprise customers by enhancing the operational efficiency of the workforce
- tripled the portfolio by identifying potential market opportunities through research & data-driven decision making and rapid MVPs that positioned company as top#3 leaders
- reduced market participation barriers and customer acquisition costs while managing P&L to grow business in America, Africa, Middle East & South Asia that delivered double digit YoY growth.
Earlier, while working as Full Stack Tech Lead (for 4.8 years) :-
4. received the IBM Innovation Award for envisioning and developing an Intelligent Automation powered DevOps tool at IBM, which accelerated the quality assurance process in financial services by 70%.
5. at NetApp, I spearheaded the end-to-end Cloud transformation initiative for Enterprise Storage Management Solutions while leading a team of 14 engineers.
6. I won a university level (100 days long) greenfield software development contest organised by IBM India in 2007.
My colleagues recognise me as a strong relationship builder, thought leader and an accountable person. Personally, I am a proficient high-altitude trekker, avid Chef and people's loved mental health coach.