An Entrepreneurial Product Leader who thrives in the intersection of Business, Technology, Human experience and Challenges.
Human Experience - Life long learning
- Defined, classified and influenced the human experience by:
- identified the target audience, their ecology, primary and intermediate actors and classified them into multiple personas.
- developed the understanding about their needs, pain-points and ecology
- defining what motivates people and what doesn't - behavioral analysis
- classifying the user personas in customers, consumers, providers, facilitators, colleagues, c-level executives, third-party partners and related stakeholders
- articulated the user journey for each actor(personas) corresponds to overall product experience
- creating awareness about the overall impact and translate that into people's motivation factors.
- Leading Public communication, Client interactions and Product demonstrations globally with user, partners and c-level executives of fortune#100 companies from last decade.
- Built the cross-cultural and cross-functional teams of high-performing individuals (50+) while nurturing them with regular mentoring and leadership coaching.
- Created process across cross-functional department such as business, product, engineering, compliance, customer support for effective collaboration practices and traking of important milestones and activities.
- Evangelize the product and nurtures the knowledge sharing culture within organisation.
Business - 5+ years of entrepreneurial on-field experience
- Identifying the optimum business model and defined the strategy along with Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Creating business and operation strategy around product monetization
- Identifying revenue streams and creating commercialization strategies
- Defining financial forecast to predict RoI and manage P&L
- Articulating market positioning and customer development strategies including product distribution channels, pipeline (like lead generation, customer funnel) and CRM
- Sales and marketing content generation
- Forging strategic alliance to smooth product launch and boost growth
- Monitor and analyze the key business adoption, retention & expansion metrics to identify next investment areas.
Technology - 14 years of excellent hands-on track record
- Full Stack Technical Product Management Leadership - drove 5 greenfield and 2 brownfield disruptive large-scale complex SaaS products, from concept to launch by connecting market and customer requirements with technical solutions. I am proficient in:-
- identify and understand the business goal,
- conduct research to know industry, stakeholders, audience, market trends,
- led end-user & stakeholder interactions to understand need-motivation and ecology
- drive insights by performing qualitative and quantitative analysis,
- translate insight into business use cases,
- perform the feasability, usability, viability, SWOT, opportunity-cost analysis for priortised use cases,
- evaluate the selected usecase with 'dummy' user trials,
- define product's mission, vision and principle
- articulate the product monetization, regulation and market positioning strategies
- translate the business use case into sub modules and features, prioritize them on product roadmap along with KPIs and Key revenue indicators while creating PRD/MRD
- track progress while assist technical product managers to execute product roadmap
- assist business and marketing teams to execute on product positioning roadmap
- monitor and groom the product performance using KPIs and metrics
- creating financial (revenue vs expenses) forecasting documents with finance team
- assisting customer support and on-ground business ops team to exceed customer satisfaction
- Profound understanding of technical operations such as:-
- DevOps/AIOps process and best practices
- Quality analysis process (UNIT/SIT/UAT) and activities (test case prepration, review, execution, monitoring)
- End-to-end solution design and development of large-scale complex SaaS products through Lean and Agile methodologies
- Functional understanding of Mobile, Monolithic, Serverless and Microservices architecture, container orchestration (docker, kubernetes) and virtualization
- Hands-on exposure of developing hardware products with single-board-computers like Raspberry-pi, Lightweight M2M protocol etc
- Have built Intelligent Automation powered solutions such as conversational chatBot, recommendation system, data analytics services, marketplace, IoT gateways etc. by leading:-
- end-to-end data engineering process, model devlopment, data governance and management activities
- managing automatice data and model pipeline architecture with AIOps team
- end-to-end understanding of managing data pipelines with kafka, data lakes, cassandra and spark
- hands-on functional understanding of standard Cloud and IoT platforms like AWS, GCP, open source software stacks, RDBMS like MySql/Oracle/DB2, Data analytics
- understanding of e2e IoT decision framework, common problems with IoT dev and best practice solutions, procuring efficient IoT hardware from global manufactures
- building common IoT services such as device management, connectivity(nw), logging, notification, data governance and storage, security, upgradability.
- Discovered solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
As an Entrepreneurial Product Leader and a passionate Human Experience Advocate, I have 12+ years of hands-on excellent track record in following:-
- creating disruptive opportunities and monetizing them into high growth business and products
- leading end-to-end product lifecycle for Industry compliant and Intelligent Automation powered 6 large scale disruptive SaaS solutions through lean and agile methodologies for customers based in South & ME asia, the america and africa.
- building and nurturing a team of 8 talented product managers (from the ground up) while collaborating with globally distributed cross-functional teams such as engineering, data science, design, customer development and stakeholders (internal,external,cxo).
I have become a subject specialist in Digital Health and SaaS Product Development ecosystems by developing a sound understanding about customer experience, business & tech operations through market research, user interactions, data analytics. I believe, I can repeat and accelerate such learning for any industry and product area.
While working as Chief Product and Data Officer (for 8+ years), I have achieved following outcomes in my current assignment:-
- doubled the ROI for enterprise customers by enhancing the operational efficiency of the workforce
- tripled the portfolio by identifying potential market opportunities through research & data-driven decision making and rapid MVPs that positioned company as top#3 leaders
- reduced market participation barriers and customer acquisition costs while managing P&L to grow business in America, Africa, Middle East & South Asia that delivered double digit YoY growth.
Earlier, while working as Full Stack Tech Lead (for 4.8 years) :-
4. received the IBM Innovation Award for envisioning and developing an Intelligent Automation powered DevOps tool at IBM, which accelerated the quality assurance process in financial services by 70%.
5. at NetApp, I spearheaded the end-to-end Cloud transformation initiative for Enterprise Storage Management Solutions while leading a team of 14 engineers.
6. I won a university level (100 days long) greenfield software development contest organised by IBM India in 2007.
My colleagues recognise me as a strong relationship builder, thought leader and an accountable person. Personally, I am a proficient high-altitude trekker, avid Chef and people's loved psychological coach.